The City of Atlanta Board of Education
Stanley, Love Stanley PC
Scope of services:
Where as the traditional schools are designed around a central spine or corridor
with access to individual classroom area via a main corridor classroom, the design of
Centennial Place Elementary School is a departure from this traditional lay out. This
project was designed around a open plan concept, which enables interaction between the
adjacent classroom and greater use of shared facilities between the instructional spaces.
When necessary, the classrooms are separated by the use of folding partitions.
The school is strategically located adjacent to a new YMCA facility, which supports the
schools physical education, extra curricular activities and after-school childcare.
The construction consists of a structural steel frame with masonry exterior walls and
interior partitions. The building is covered with a galvanized metal roof with pop-ups at
various locations to allow natural light into the space. The interior finishes includes paint
on masonry walls, vinyl tile and carpet floors and acoustical lay-in ceilings. The architect
used a large color pallet and wall mounted light, to greatly enhance the interior aesthetics
of the project.
A. L. Johnson Contracting Company, Inc., in a joint venture provided Construction
Management services for the entire project.
These services commenced at the planning stage of the project and included some of the
- Prepare construction estimates and cost verification checks during the
development and pre-construction phase of the design.
- Provide value engineering services to maintain the Owners budget.
- Provided the Owner with a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) at the 35% stage
of the design.
- Prepare bid packages for sub trades.
- Oversee the bid process on the Owner's behalf.
- Perform bid analysis on sub trade bid packages and make
award to the Owner.
- Provided on-site construction management services as the prime contractor to the
[Back To Top]